One thing that no one really enjoys doing is yard work and household chores. With this being said, it does need done and there are ways to make it better. One thing that makes almost anyone work harder is downloading their favorite CD onto their Ipod. Below we like to list some of choices for favorite music and the chores that go along with it.
Mowing the Lawn- Mowing the Lawn can be made much easier with a good classical music choice. Because no one really enjoys this type of work, unless you have an awesome riding mower, it is best to choose something that will mellow you out rather than make you angry or upset. I like Mozart or Chopin when I’m mowing my grass as it is hard to get upset when listening to a classic symphony.
Power Washing- Power washing a deck or driveway is an angry job for me. I take dirt and mold personal and I like to get angry as I attack it. A good old fashioned Metallica “Master of Puppets” or Guns N Roses “Appetite for Destruction” is my choice when conquering dirt and mold with my favorite pressure washer. This stuff got me pumped for football in high school and still gets me pumped to this day. Good bye dirt and scum !
Inside Cleaning- With three kids it is hard to keep anything clean for a period of time. While I love to have my kids help me clean, they just cause bigger messes more time than not. For these cleanups I like to put in “All Eyez on Me” by Tupac as this gets me pumped and moving fast. Make sure to keep these CDs away from your kiddies though as a couple Tupac Shakur lyrics can turn your kids into potty mouths in no time.
Painting- Painting is one of the most boring jobs in the world, especially without music. Because it is repetitive and boring I like to get myself in a more jazz or classical music mood as it calms me down. While I have graduated from the traditional hand painting to now using paint sprayers I still find this job quite boring. Miles Davis is something I always keep on hand when I am thinking about painting, as he puts me in a good mood no matter how I am feeling.
Overall cleaning anything isn’t very fun, but it is a necessity if you want to have nice stuff. Take these musical tips above and you will enjoy your pressure washing, dish washing or whatever other type of chores that you may do.
As a mother of three my life can be very stressful. When I am not driving my kids to games and back I like to find things that relax me. Deep meditation has been by favorite “new” way of relaxing as I kind often find a state of calmness that I could never reach before. Besides meditating I also like to do relaxing things to heel my body and mind. These include time on an inversion table, regular massages and acupuncture at least once a month.
The one thing that I always do is try to find some relaxing music to go along with these relaxing things that I like to do. With that being said, I don’t enjoy the typical elevator or boring “massage” music that some places play so I always bring my own music. Listed below are my top 8 all-time relaxing artists
- Pearl Jam - While it does have some rock and roll jams, the calm easy effect from the early tracks on this CD are among the best that are ever made. I tend to skip over the hard songs and go into the more emotional songs, these have strong lyrics, but are very relaxing.
- Adele- I love Adele’s voice and I am so glad that she has finally become famous. At hearing her voice for the first time 3 years ago I instantly fell in love. She can bring you into a song quite like no other female artist. While I love Eddie Vedder, Adele comes a very close 2nd place.
- Led Zeppelin- Some might be quite mystified by this pick, but Zeppelin’s softer music is some of the best ever made. “Thank you” is one that comes to mind off the top of my head and it is truly one of my “go to” relaxing songs.
- Jack Johnson- Another more recent artist, Jack Johnson is one of the few artists that is loved across all genres. I have an 80 year old grandmother that loves Jack Johnson just as much as my 8 year old daughter. Jack’s smooth guitar is great when you are in a sour mood.
- Mumford & Sons- A great “Irish” band, Mumford & Sons are CDs that I buy the instant that they come out from Amazon. I love that some of their hits have such a great melody that you can’t resist but loving them.
- The Black Keys- Straight out of Akron, Ohio this is one newer group that I have become addicted too lately. This is my “go to” CD when I go on walks and I can listen to all of their CDs pretty much from song one on without having to skip.
- Colbie Callait- A more soft gentle side comes from Colbie. No matter what mood I am in, Colbie’s music can make me smile when I put it on my iPod. I love how such a young girl has such a powerful voice.
- Phil Phillips- I loved Phillips the moment I saw him on American Idol. With a great voice an excellent guitar skills I thought Phillips had no chance to win Idol, but like millions of others who fell in love with him, he got what he deserved. Phillips is a younger Jack Johnson whose songs have become some of my favorite when stressed or in need of a pick me up.
Thank you for reading this article, I hope you enjoyed my list.